I have this weird habit of listening to a current favorite song over and over and over again. I am fond of the repeat button, what can I do? It’s like I memorized the entire song already before I decided to listen to the next one in my playlist. It’s just another weird thing about me, you know.
So when you tend to be hearing the same songs repeatedly on a certain phase of your life, you tend to associate the two and have that distinct feeling you’ll always remember. Let’s say you were listening to Justin Beiber’s latest single like 10 times daily, and coincidentally those were the times when your boyfriend was sweetest to you (say he’s not usually mushy and all only at that moment) and so unmindful you associate that song to those kilig moments of you and your boyfriend had. (Oh that’s sad, no offense). See the point?
So here’s my karma. One step at a time by Jordin Spark has been one of my favorites back then so I guess you already know what I used to do with it. I tend to put my player on repeat mode and just listen to it most of the time. Either when I’m alone or with friends. And or with *him. So now. I can’t help but remember him, like automatically he’s remembered by my freaking mind whenever I hear that song. Even just the intro. And I don’t know how and what I feel. Nostalgic? Well.. Maybe. It's just that I tend to look back to where we started and how we ended. I kinda miss the friendship and what we had together back when everything was alright between the two of us. I refuse to get on with the details of what happened for the reason split into two ways. First because that would be a long entry, like real novel-long entry and this one is not really intended for that one. Second is that I really don't want to get back on with the memories. It makes me sad and regretful. And I don't want to so I'm gonna have to stop here.
Anyhow, this listening habit of mine has an annoying effect on me. I got to stop this before i regret it big time. But then again, I don’t know how to change it. So I'm going to have to deal with it for the mean time.
No comments:
Post a Comment